Monday, December 24, 2012

Dear Santa - my 5 wishes | Fig and Cherry

Posted on December 24, 2012 by ChristieLink Ups





Iand#8217;ve been tagged by the gorgeous Sonia from Natural New Age Mum to compile a list of 5 christmas wishes.


If you havenand#8217;t read Soniaand#8217;s blog before, you should definitely click on through as it is an incredible read with so many fab tips for living healthily, environmentally and raising your family with love and awareness.


Above is last yearand#8217;s photo with santa when Poppy was 1 year old. She was not impressed. This year I canand#8217;t get her to go anywhere near him so this photo will have to suffice for another year I think. Now, onto my list.



#1. Calmness and Love.


Iand#8217;ve been re-reading parts of Buddhism for Mothers: A Calm Approach to Caring for Yourself and Your Children (aff link) this past few weeks and#8211; an amazing book that really inspires me and gives me new energy for life. Itand#8217;s not a parenting manual, instead itand#8217;s a guide to using meditation during everyday life, especially the chaotic times, to calm yourself and enjoy each moment more mindfully and presently.


I wish everyone in the world can find a sense of calm at this busy time of year and really фокус on cherishing quality time with loved ones. Itand#8217;s the small moments you will remember most fondly. {image source}



#2. National Leftovers Day.


Itand#8217;s estimated that Australians waste $8 billion worth of food that we buy and throw each year. Please donand#8217;t be part of this horrible statistic.


I wish everyone would plan carefully so that they donand#8217;t over-cater and if you do have leftovers, then prepare recipes ahead of time to use them up. Drop by here on boxing day for a yummy recipe to use up leftover prawns and turkey.



#3. Whisked away


Whatand#8217;s life without big dreams? Santorini, Greece. Sigh.



#4. Help Others.


Iand#8217;m yet to do it this year and Iand#8217;m glad Iand#8217;ve written this post to remind myself. No matter which charity you choose; Oxfam, Kiva, or Wishing Tree, youand#8217;re making a difference.


I wish that every child can enjoy christmas and that doesnand#8217;t necessarily mean getting a present. Fresh water, healthy parents and a warm meal could all be great presents for children and their communities. {image source}



#5. Pavlova luck.


Itand#8217;s my turn to make dessert this year and the request is pavlova and gluten-free christmas cake. The cake is finished and stored in an airtight container, but Iand#8217;ve been furiously practising the pavlova for weeks. Who knows what will happen on the day with our hot and humid weather here in Oz!


I wish my pavlova is TALL, and FLUFFY, and perfectly CRISPY and#8211; on the outside only! Itand#8217;s a big wish, but Iand#8217;ve got my fingers crossed and a good feeling in my tummy. {image source}


What are your christmas wishes?


Christie x

No comments:

Post a Comment