Monday, December 24, 2012

Exclusive vegetable recipes by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall | Fig and Cherry

Posted on August 27, 2011 by ChristieWeb Favs





The UK newspaper The Guardian has published some recipes from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstalland#8217;s new book River Cottage Veg Everyday! and they look totally scrumptious.


He pairs sweet potatoes with peanuts (in the gratin pictured above), aubergines with a spicy curry paste and chickpeas with carrots in a soft pitta pocket among other unusual veggie combos. Click here to get the recipes.


I absolutely love using vegetables as the stars of my meal. My two all-time favourite cookbooks (and chefs) are vegetarian ones by Nigel Slater (Tender) and Yotam Ottolenghi (Plenty). Iand#8217;d be hard pressed to choose a favourite vegetable but broccoli, mushrooms and zucchini flowers would be up there in the top 5 for sure.


Whatand#8217;s your favourite vegetable?


Christie x

[Photograph by Simon Wheeler. Image Source: The Guardian]


A word about this new type of post categorised as and#8216;Web Favsand#8216;.


The thing is, I read a lot of blogs and websites every single day. Along the way I see loads of really interesting articles that warrant further discussion. I figured that since I created this blog to talk about food (all food, not just my own), itand#8217;s probably a waste not to share the edible tidbits I find. I truly hope youand#8217;ll find them as drool-worthy, thought-provoking and just plain delicious as I do. I will, of course, still be posting original Fig andamp; Cherry recipes, reviews, competitions and more in amongst it all. So donand#8217;t forget to pop by everyday to enjoy something new and yummy!


Do you love or hate these posts? Let me know, I would love your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment