Monday, December 24, 2012

Wicked Sister Rice Pudding | Fig and Cherry

Posted on July 11, 2011 by ChristieTaste Tests





I am not usually a fan of rice pudding, but I have to admit, these have changed my mind. Hubby, however, is a massive fan and according to him, these are right up there in the taste-stakes. Thatand#8217;s coming from a guy who has tasted most commercial versions both here in Sydney, as well as in London when we were living there a few years back.


I was introduced to Wicked Sister rice puddings via my friend Lena. Her brother-in-law owns the company and is passionate about creating sweet treats that are virtually fat free but still taste like you are eating something indulgent.


After tasting his range of rice puddings, I think he has hit the nail on the head with those intentions.



Wicked Sister rice puddings are 97% fat free and come in four yummy flavours: mortal sin chocolate (first picture above), luscious vanilla (above right), coconut craze and dulce de leche caramel.


My favourite was the caramel as the sweet and sticky layer was a delicious little surprise when you dug your spoon deep into the tub. Sorry, thereand#8217;s no picture of the caramel because we gobbled both tubs up before I had a chance to whip out my camera!


We enjoyed them cold, straight from the fridge, but you can also warm them up in the microwave. Perfect for these chilly evenings we have been having lately here in Sydney.


You can find them at Franklins, Woolworths, SupaBarn and IGA supermarkets as well as independent grocers and some school canteens.


Iand#8217;ve been inspired to try cooking rice pudding now. I think I might try making a version in my slow cooker and#8211; stay tuned for the results!


Are you a fan of rice pudding? Have you tried these?


Christie x

No comments:

Post a Comment