Monday, December 24, 2012

Sample Magazine and Food Festival, Northern Rivers | Fig and Cherry

Posted on September 25, 2012 by ChristieFood News, Northern Rivers Stories





Last week I met up with Remy Tancred, who is the publisher of the local food magazine here in the Northern Rivers region (yep, I donand#8217;t waste any time!).


Sample Magazine is written by local food and travel writers and gives readers a delicious taste of the local restaurants, food producers, farmers and food events in this region. And yes, it has recipes too!


Next month on the 6th October, there is a massive Sample Food Festival that unfortunately I will miss due to a friendand#8217;s wedding. Last year 10,000 people attended and this year there will be more than 200 stalls, including over 30 restaurants. I am so upset I will miss it! Promise to cover it for you next year :)


Remy kindly gave me a goodie bag with the last three issues of the mag, and some local produce and#8211; Summerland House Farm Macadamias (in Alstonville) and Madura Tea (grown in Murwillumbah).


As you know, Iand#8217;m a massive tea fan, so the pack of White Tea with Silk Infusers really tickled my fancy. By the way, doesnand#8217;t the phrase and#8216;silk infusersand#8217; sound more like sexy underwear than tea? So posh. Love it.


It was exciting to chat about local foodies and events and#8211; there is a lot going on up here and#8211; and I intend to tell you all about it!


Do you have a local food magazine that you like? If not, what is your favourite food mag? 


Christie x

No comments:

Post a Comment