Monday, December 24, 2012

Peanut butter biscuits + Queen Royal Icing | Fig and Cherry

Posted on July 26, 2011 by ChristieGluten Free, Sweet Treats, Taste Tests, Vegetarian





When I saw this recipe for peanut butter biscuits on Eating Out Loud I got very excited.


Why? Biscuits. 3 ingredients. Gluten free. See?


Allenand#8216;s recipes always work a treat, but only three ingredients in a biscuit recipe sounded outrageously undoable (a word?), and then also gluten free and#8211; that was just too much for my curious mind. I had to bake them.



A little too dark, a little too light, ahhh, just right.


Being a pretty average baker, and only having мейд biscuits once before, I needed three batches to get them right and they still didnand#8217;t look as beautiful as Allenand#8217;s (see here).


Never mind, they tasted great. And only three ingredients; sugar, peanut butter, egg. Amazing. They werenand#8217;t crumbly and shortbread-y because there was no butter, but the texture was really lovely and crunchy and strong with the taste of yummy peanut butter. Thanks Allen!



I thought I would get a little fancy with these simple biscuits and jazz them up with a drizzle of icing.


I was recently sent a new product by Queen and#8211; a packet of pre-mixed Royal Icing. You simply add water then whisk and itand#8217;s ready to use for decorating. I donand#8217;t like using artificial colours so I coloured it with two tablespoons of beetroot water (water that beetroot had been boiled in, you can also use the canned stuff) and it turned a delightful pink.


If you are really in the mood for peanut butter now, and donand#8217;t fancy biscuits, then my chocolate and ANZAC ice cream sandwiches or my peanut butter and jelly smoothie should satisfy your craving instead.


On a side note, I bookmarked this recipe on my Pinterest account and it has been re-pinned 14 times! I guess there are lots of people out there looking for GF biscuits.


Until next time, happy cooking!


Christie x


Peanut butter cookies


recipe by Eating Out Loud


1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
Royal icing, optional


1. Blend all the ingredients and shape into walnut sized balls.


2. Place on a cookie sheet and squish down with the back side of a fork (I found that using three fingers placed flat over the ball worked well too).


3. Bake in a 180C/350F oven for 8-10 minutes then cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Decorate with royal icing, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment