Monday, December 24, 2012

Hubby's favourite breakfast right now | Fig and Cherry

Posted on December 11, 2012 by ChristieBreakfast, Vegetarian





Do you go through phases with breakfast? I do.


Sometimes Iand#8217;ll eat muesli for weeks on end, or porridge every day in winter, or soft boiled egg on toast until I run out of eggs.


Not my hubby. He would eat cereal every day of his life if it wasnand#8217;t for me offering up different delights. Oh, I lie. He did change it up a few days a week in his late teens when he ate pop tarts. Remember those? Gross.


As we eat such healthy breakfasts at home, when we go out for breakfast we almost always order something decadent like bacon and egg rolls or eggs benedict with smoked salmon.


Thatand#8217;s why I was so surprised when he ordered a very healthy option recently. And he LOVED it. It became his new favourite breakfast to order at this one particular cafe.


Rye toast with avocado, pesto and lemon.


Who would have thought this combo could be so good?!



I decided to give him the cafe experience at home with some freshly мейд pesto that I had left over from the eggplant and pesto linguine I мейд yesterday. I didnand#8217;t have any rye toast on хэнд, so multigrain had to do, but it was still great.


Spread a little pesto on hot toast, add some chunky avo slices and mash a bit, squeeze some lemon over and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Maybe a drizzle of olive oil. Scrumptious!


Definitely a new favourite breakfast at home (and much cheaper too!).


Whatand#8217;s your favourite breakfast right now? Is it a phase?


Christie x

No comments:

Post a Comment